Let’s get to know each other.
WordPress Developer + Trainer, Chicago
After 20 years of a technology career as a Systems Engineer including positions as a Microsoft Engineer and also a Novell Engineer way-back-when, specializing in task automation with extensive experience in end user support at all levels, I decided to switch gears and move into the web arena. I had been playing around with WordPress and, after falling in love with everything WordPress, made the decision to pursue that as my focus. In the middle of my technology career, I decided take the leap into small business and become the owner of a doggy daycare and overnight boarding facility. This experience, while an experiment that did not work as expected, gave me an amazing education to add to my skill set, most importantly, the ability to identify with other small business owners. From that came the passion to help small business owners with their marketing needs.
10 Things I Know For Sure
- Be Yourself. We are drawn to genuine people. Be genuine and people will come to you.
- Do what you love. Love what you do. There is ah-mah-zing freedom + bliss in this way of life. If you are not doing what you love, figure out a way to make it happen. Now.
- If you are determined to learn and grow, no one can stop you. The biggest accomplishment of my entire career in technology was teaching my 80 year old deaf grandmother with an 8th grade education to use a computer. This was an unbelievable challenge due to having to look at her for her to read my lips, not allowing me to show her and tell her at the same time. Add to it the fact that she is in Florida 9 months out of the year which required phone support over a TDD phone. Phone support with someone who is deaf. Whoa. She could have given up at any time. It was beyond challenging for both of us. But, we did it, because of her determination to learn and my determination to teach her. You can do anything you put your mind to.
- Wherever your road takes you, bring your passion. People want to do business and be around others who are passionate about what they do. Be passionate about everything you do.
- If you want something, go get it. Period. Will Smith says this to his son in “The Pursuit of Happyness.” It could not be more true. Chase your dreams… because dreams do come true.
- There’s no crying in baseball. When you fall down, get up. Brush yourself off. Let’s GO!
- Always do your best. If you’re going to do something, do it. Don’t waste time on half-ass.
- Laugh. A LOT! The kind of gut-busting, tears-streaming-down-your-face, bordering-on-hysteria laughter that still makes you giggle when you think of it days later. Laughter is good for the soul.
- There are no failures, only experiments. I honestly believe there is no such thing as failure. Everything is trial and error until you finally succeed. Just keep on doin’ it ’till you get it right. Find the lesson and learn it. Modify your path. Take a deep breath. Start again. Never ever ever ever give up.
- Game on. Everyday is a new day. Tackle your new day with “Game on.” When your confidence is high, you will be amazed at what you can accomplish. The sky is the limit!
Some of our recent work